This page has moved to a new address.

St. Louis highlights

Brand New Hoosier: St. Louis highlights

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

St. Louis highlights

So yesterday, I wrote a huge long blog post about my weekend trip to St. Louis...on my other blog: Life's An Adventure.   Here, I think I will highlight some of the yummy FOOD from the trip!

First off, Friday night, we went to The Drunken Fish. It had the perfect combination of great sushi, a live performer singing outside by us, great people watching, and delish martinis!

Then we walked around and went to a cupcake store.  Since I had eaten really well all day (minus the sticky fries and martini) I got a peanut butter cup cupcake to eat later for dessert. Stacy got the on the left.  I didn't keep track of points at all this weekend, and we'll see how that worked tomorrow at weigh-in...haha.
The next morning we went to the Soulard farmers' market.  I couldn't believe how great the prices were! I got a pint of blueberries for $1.25 and a honeydew mellon for $0.75! Here's my haul from the market:
That weird flying saucer shaped squash is called a Patty Pan squash and I am going to test it out for lunch today! Results will be posted :)  While we were at the market, we had to stop and check out some of their famous offerings.  The first was the mini donut makers! It was $1.75 for 6 mini donuts, so Stacy and I shared them. They were crispy and amazing.
The other famous thing there is the bloody mary.  Apparently they are amazing too, but it was just a little too early for vodka.

For lunch we went to a mac 'n' cheese restaurant.  The WHOLE menu was different kinds of mac!  They also had some side salads (I got a blue cheese and cranberry salad on spinach).  For my mac, I got a "black and blue" which had steak and blue cheese in it. Yummmm
After lunch we went on the Anheuser-Busch tour followed by free samples!

Then we went to a little cafe my roommate told me about, the Venice Cafe.
The walls were covered with this kind of random stuff!  I had a falafel which was super good, and Stacy had some kind of mushroom and noodle combo.

After our early dinner we went to meet up with some friends who were visiting, at the Gateway Arch.  It was way too busy and was going to close soon, so we decided to save that for the next morning.  We were looking for stuff to do, and decided to check out the casino that was really close by.  We hit up the free drinks and I gambled away $3.  Then we decided to go to the Drunken Fish because they had another restaurant really close to the casino and we had coupons from the previous night for free edamame!  I got green tea mochi and Stacy and I shared some more sticky fries and the free edamame. It was a good little sampling of everything.
Well this ends the gourmet tour of St. Louis!  For breakfast Sunday we hit up Micky D's before checking out the arch.  Here's a view from the top:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home