This page has moved to a new address.

what a day

Brand New Hoosier: what a day

Thursday, June 24, 2010

what a day

I've recently noticed that when I'm working out (minus running) that I tend to think about a lot of interesting things that I want to blog about. Then I get home, eat lunch or dinner, shower, and have totally forgot about them by the time I'm ready to sit at my computer.  Well today I really made a point to remember! So...my mom finished reading Women Food and God and passed it on to me.  I started reading it yesterday while I was on the eliptical and today I'm about halfway through. It's a little over my head in some parts, but it got me thinking: I think the reason I never really "got it" as far as the whole eating and working out thing is because I haven't really been truly happy with my life. I've always been pretty happy, but something happened this year and I have been just really enjoying life. There's nothing holding me back and I'm not eating to fill a void or sadness like I've done in the past. I'm not really going to go much further with that, and there's much more to it, but I think that's why I've been able to lose 19.6 pounds and it hasn't seemed like a chore, even when I was in school, going out to eat and drink all the time. It's just become so second nature!


Well enough of the deep thoughts! I had tennis today. It was great and the guy I was switching off with complimented me on my returns! Then I came back to my apartment and went to the pool (for the first time since I've been living in this apartment) with my roommate.   When I got back I was super tired from being out in the sun so I lounged around, trying to decide if I wanted to work out or not. I was leaning on the side of just skipping it, but since I'm going to Chicago to visit my friend tomorrow, I figured I should get every bit in that I can.  


So, as far as food..the other day I tried polenta. I've never had it before and the nutritional info was pretty good! I had four 1/2 inch slices "fried" in cooking spray in a pan and topped with 0 pt tomato sauce and reduced fat cheese melted on top. It felt like it should have been bad for me! I forget the total points, but it was pretty low. 


Hopefully I'll get one last post in before I head to good old Chicaaaago!

2 Comments:

At June 25, 2010 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

The same thing happens to me when I'm working out. I get all these ideas in my head and then I'm like I have to blog about that. And then I forget.


What is Polenta exactly? The picture of it looks amazing!

 
At June 25, 2010 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Life's an Adventure said...

Don't you just love that?

Polenta is "boiled cornmeal." It's like grits, but cooked so it's in a solid form. The kind I bought at the grocery store came in a log-like package so you can just slice it up. Soo good

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home