This page has moved to a new address.

more food experimenting

Brand New Hoosier: more food experimenting

Thursday, July 8, 2010

more food experimenting

Basically, I've gotta cut back on my spending so I have enough money to last me until I start my big girl job. My solution: no Trader Joe's or Whole Foods until I start working and I need to use up what food I already have. 


I've been seeing "chia cakes" on different blogs, so I thought I would give it a try and use up some ingredients I've had around for a while.  I grabbed my Fiber One pancake mix, the almost empty container of Almond Breeze (vanilla), chia seeds, oatmeal, whey protein powder, dark chocolate chunks, and egg whites. Then I remembered that my grandpa had given me his waffle maker so I pulled that out.


Here is the result:
I used a tbsp of real maple syrup and 2/3 of a medium banana. It was kind of high in points, but filled me up and gave me a good dose of energy for tennis. Oh, and by pancakes, I mean waffles..haha oops.


Recipe:

  • 1tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 cup pancake mix
  • 2 tbsps dark chocolate chunks (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup Almond Breeze
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 scoop whey protein powder
It made 6 1/2 waffles which ended up being about 3 pts each.  D-lish!a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home