This page has moved to a new address.

The Fourth: recap

Brand New Hoosier: The Fourth: recap

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Fourth: recap



Oh man, this extended weekend was fun! I headed home Friday right after my sign language class was over, unpacked my car, and then went out for my friend's 23rd birthday. We went to a fancy pizza restaurant and I shared a "garden" pizza that was amazing. I wish I could have taken a picture! It had avocado, ricotta, artichoke, and other goodness.  Unfortunately I had to cut the festivities short because I had to get some sleep for my 4.5 mile race the next morning. Details are here.  Afterwards, I walked my sweaty self around the farmers market that was close by. 


Sunday was the 4th of July and me and some friends had gotten tickets to a minor league baseball game that had fireworks afterwards. It was so ridiculously hot! Sidenote: Last year, I would have tried to wear capris during this heat to something that I would have to sit on the ground for (so no one saw my fat legs). This year, thank goodness, I wore shorts! 21 lbs isn't a huge loss by any means, but it is enough that I can see a visible change and feel more confident! Anyways, we saw their fireworks, walked a block to the parking garage and saw the Indianapolis fireworks. It was so much fun.


Monday I went shopping with my best friend from high school and her old roommate's little sister. I was hoping they wouldn't want to go into Forever 21, because it always takes forever, and none of their clothes have ever fit me. Well, we went in and I figured it would still be the same story, but I tried on a few shirts and a dress. The shirts had some fit issues, but the dress was good! It was such a good feeling that I could buy something from there, other than accessories.


Tuesday, my self-imposed 4th of July extended break, was excellent. I worked out with my mom in the morning, then after lunch we went to the Mac store. They have a deal going where students get a free iPod Touch and free printer. Now I am official Mac user :) I love it.   After playing around with my computer, I went back to the gym because I was a little worried about my weigh-in the next morning. 


Now for the weigh-in update: I was down 0.2 lbs. I guess going down is better than going up...especially since I didn't track anything Friday-Tuesday. Now it's a new week, I'm back at school (until Friday) and ready to hopefully hit my 10% next weigh-in!  I've lost a total of 21.6 lbs and my 10% is 23 lbs. 


Time to chillax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home