This page has moved to a new address.

And you do what with a Patty Pan??

Brand New Hoosier: And you do what with a Patty Pan??

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And you do what with a Patty Pan??

While at the farmers' market in St. Louis this weekend, I picked up a Patty Pan squash for $0.50. I searched for a recipe and found a few stuffed squash recipes. I decided to adapt them and use bits and pieces from each recipe. 


I heated the oven to 350F and began mixing together the goodies for the stuffing. I used:

  • 1/3 c Trader Joe's Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb wedge
  • 1/4 c parsley
  • 1/4 c green onion
  • 1/2 c sauted vidalia onion (in 1 tsp olive oil)
  • added to onion, 1 c spinach
I stuffed the squash halves (seeds and junk removed) with the delish stuffing and topped it with 1 oz shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese and put them in a 8x12 baking dish. I poured in water until it was about 1/2 inch deep in pan and stuck it in the oven for about 30 minutes.

Oh man, it was soo good and the whole thing was only 6 points!

p.s. I looooove digital scrapbooking and now that I have Photoshop, my posts will probably include more of those aspects :)

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Chef Dennis Littley said...

your squash looks really good! thanks for sharing and welcome to food buzz!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home