This page has moved to a new address.

Skip Spring, Straight to Summer

Brand New Hoosier: Skip Spring, Straight to Summer

Monday, May 30, 2011

Skip Spring, Straight to Summer

Like a lot of the midwest, we have been pounded by cold, gross weather and scary storms. Sunday and today, Memorial Day, we had absolutely gorgeous weather...hot and sunny. Apparently Indiana likes to skip Spring and go straight to Summer! I seem to remember it doing the same thing around graduation time last year...
Although my weekend eating hasn't been very "healthy blog" worthy...I have tried to make up for it during the week. One of my old faves, revived, is the english muffin with an egg and an extra egg white microwaved and split in half. I used a Laughing Cow wedge and spread it on each half. I topped that with egg dijon mustard and a spring mix of lettuce. D-lish.
Here's another variation of my on-the-go bfast sandwish. I cooked up a turkey sausage patty (90 calories!) an egg white, spread on some Laughing Cow & munched on my way to work. I enjoyed it with a cup of coffee with some homemade frothed milk :)  Aaah, breakfast is seriously my favorite meal.

I stopped at Target this weekend and got some supplies to supplement my cardio morning workouts. I'll take a picture of my sweet bedroom workout setup soon. I picked up Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It looks like a lot of the bootcamp-type stuff I've been doing, so I'm really looking forward to it. I also got some 10-lb weights and a "toning station" that attaches to a door and has elastic workout bands.
This weekend was so much fun and went way too fast! It's time for me to get to bed and start my 4-day work week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home