This page has moved to a new address.

The day after Thursday is FRIDAY!!

Brand New Hoosier: The day after Thursday is FRIDAY!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The day after Thursday is FRIDAY!!

I am SO glad it's almost Friday!!
Exam fuel
BBFE (Best Boyfriend Ever) 
I took my exam Tuesday morning (and hopefully passed). Then I headed to work so I didn't have to take a vacation day. It feels so good to have that over with. Now I'll be slowly, but steadily, studying for my next exam that's in July.

Wednesday I went to the Sunrise Bootcamp, even though I knew it would make my 9-mile run that was scheduled for the evening painful.  I was so right. We did ridiculous leg exercises and I was sore immediately after the class was over! Usually I'm not sore until the afternoon and the next day!

To ease my impending pain, I stopped at Bluemile to pick up some running socks that have a little extra padding. While I was there, I mentioned I had been having some hip pain while running, so the lady who was helping me had me try running on their treadmill so she could record my running stride. She showed me frame by frame how my foot hit the ground and explained I would need a little more support for the inside of my foot. I'll probably be looking into actually getting some new shoes after the race. She said it wasn't serious enough to get them a week before the race and risk blisters, so I just got some new socks.

Once I got to the gym, I switched socks and got on a treadmill. I made sure to do extra stretching because I knew my muscles would be stiff from the morning's torture bootcamp. Let me just say...I was ready to be done after a mile and I was only running at my usual jog pace, which felt so much harder than usual.  It also didn't help that I had pulled a muscle earlier in the day in my big toe...all that added together and it was the most painful 8 miles of my life! Ya, 8 miles. I really was having a hard time toward the end and figured I had better just cut my losses and hope I have a better run on Sunday!

One week (from Saturday) until the mini!! (Those exclamations are because I can't wait to have it over with)

Here are some recent eats:

These chicken sausages are only 4 pt+ each and they are soooo delish. I cut them up and have them with eggs in the morning, for lunch on a bun, or added to mac & cheese bunnies :)
Another new item I tried this week were these Chipotle Lime Crispy Fingers (fake chicken).  The flavor was great and they tasted so much like chicken! They'd be good on a salad, but I just ate mine plain.
This was my post-exam meal. Some "chicken" fingers, apple, orange, and the most amazing green beans I've ever had. No lie. Make them.

See ya for the Saturday weigh-in update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home