This page has moved to a new address.

Where did the past 4 years go?

Brand New Hoosier: Where did the past 4 years go?

Friday, May 7, 2010

Where did the past 4 years go?

*image by Lowry Lou
 
I officially graduate tomorrow. I'm currently resting up after a long day of festivities with my friend and her family. My fam will be here in the morning for my ceremony and then we will be having a cookout at the nearby state park.  I'm excited...but sad because most of my friends will be leaving me!

Well, I have been busy the past few weeks just soaking up the end of college. Sure, I'll be here this summer taking summer classes, but it won't be even close to the same.  I have been stressing out about eating well and finding time to work out the past few weeks. It's hard to fit that all in, between my social sessions at Bloomington's finest establishments and the stress of two weeks worth of finals. Somehow I managed! Here's an update since I've began this overdue weight loss journey of mine:

Week 1 ::  230.8 lbs               *initial weigh-in 3/24/10
Week 2 ::  228.2 lbs   (-2.6)
Week 3 ::  225.8 lbs   (-2.4)
Week 4 ::  223.6 lbs   (-2.2)
Week 5 ::  221.8 lbs   (-1.8)    *this is really week 6. There was this little thing called Little 500 here and I was in no condition to go to the weigh-in Wednesday morning...so I sucked it up and went the next week.
Week 7 ::  220.0 lbs   (-1.8)    *my most recent weigh-in 5/5/10

As you can see, I've lost a total of 10.8 lbs. I just wish I had started this sooner! Now that summer school will be starting up in a few days, I'm going to have to figure out a new time to go weigh-in. I'm gonna miss my old ladies at the meeting!

Somehow, this has not been difficult for me. The past 2 years, I have been going to the gym fairly regularly but never saw results. Now I've figured out the missing piece of the puzzle. I ate horribly. I had been tricking myself that it wasn't really that bad, but now that I've made some changes and am forced to look at every bite that goes in my mouth, I realize how horribly I was eating. I'm just glad that I had been going to the gym so much or I could be a MUCH heavier person than I am right now. After talking to my friend, I realized that part of the reason this has not been too hard for me is that I am living on my own. I buy ALL my food and there is no temptation in my apartment unless I buy it at the grocery store. To curb this possibility of temptation, I make my list ahead of time and pretty much stick to my list when I'm at the store. I buy things that taste good and are fun to cook so that I don't feel like I'm being restricted. 

I'm going to end this marathon post with this: I have never felt so happy. It may be because of all the celebrations going on and being with my amazing friends, but it also has a little bit to do with putting on my jeans every day and they are a little looser every week :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home