This page has moved to a new address.

Workout Vacation

Brand New Hoosier: Workout Vacation

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Workout Vacation

I have officially given myself a morning workout vacation for the past 2 weeks. It's been so nice to sleep in an extra 2 hours until the sun is up. I haven't given up the gym entirely though. I've been stopping a couple times a week after work to run. While this "vacation" has been nice, I'm starting to miss my sore muscles that come from the boot camps.

Starting on Monday, I'll be getting back into my routine of going to the gym before work. I have about 30 lbs left to lose and there's really no better time than the summer to get it off. The good news: even though I've taken it easy on the working out, and haven't been tracking my food, I've still maintained my weight at about 174 :)

The other piece to losing the weight is obviously the food. This week I've been focusing on getting in fruits and veggies. I've been packing carrots & a greek yogurt chipotle dip I found at Kroger. I also have had apples as an afternoon snack. The best way I've found to get in fruits and veggies all at once: smoothies. I can add whatever fruit I have around and a couple of handfulls of spinach, and before I know it, I've got 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of veggies!

This week I made a couple of dinners for my boyfriend and his roommates. I'm not trying to put them on a diet, but just trying to show them that there is a healthier (usually tastier) version of what they like.  Plus, I loooove to cook and haven't had much of a chance to since I'm rarely at home these days. Hopefully I'll get back to taking pics of all this delicous food and sharing with my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home