This page has moved to a new address.

Mean Girl

Brand New Hoosier: Mean Girl

Friday, May 20, 2011

Mean Girl

I should start this by saying...I'm really a nice person. I promise.

Last night was softball and we played a team with a bunch of people I went to high school with. The whole game I was reminded of how they all treated me like I was invisible all throughout jr. high and high school. They were being drunk and obnoxious which annoyed me even more.

Three things made me feel better about the situation:
1) I was with people who are genuinely nice and seem to appreciate me
2) I am about 65 lbs lighter (I was at 240 periodically throughout high school) than when I knew them
3) One of the "popular" girls on their team had noticeably gained some weight

#3 is the one I feel guilty about. That girl was never nice to me and now the roles have been reversed. However, I know how it feels for people to judge you because you're overweight...and that's what I've done to her. I've seen other people I went to school with who I didn't particularly care for who have gained weight, and I feel the same little feeling of delight that they've gained weight...probably because now they know what it felt like.

Had to get that off my chest.

The people I went to school with don't really bother me anymore...until I play softball with their drunken selves.

Totally different topic: today I signed up for the Mudathlon!! It's a 3-mile mud obstacle course with a beer waiting for you at the finish line. Hello...does it get any better?? Hopefully some of my friends will sign up, and my dad wants to do it too, so I think it'll be a ton of fun.

It's almost the weekend! After work I'm going to go for a quick 3-mile run, then get prettified for a movie and a late dinner. Saturday begins my farmers' market season, a 9-hole round of golf with some friends, then hanging out with some girls I haven't seen in forever. CAN'T WAIT!!

2 Comments:

At May 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM , Blogger MARIE said...

I think it's only natural to feel that way when you see people to bring up those types of emotions. I know a small part of me gets that type of satisfaction too, just because I was treated so crappy by then less than 10 years ago.

I love your blog BTW!

 
At May 26, 2011 at 4:44 AM , Blogger Life's an Adventure said...

I guess it's just something that will take a while to deal with!

And thanks!! Love yours too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home