This page has moved to a new address.

Saturday Happenings

Brand New Hoosier: Saturday Happenings

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Happenings

Like I said, I'm home for the weekend (mainly because I have no AC at my apartment!) so me and my sister headed to the farmers market.  We walked around for a little bit, but it was too hot so we had to get a strawberry slushie to share.  They have bits of strawberries and are soooo good.  I let Jenn have most of it, and she gave me the big ice chunk in the bottom. How nice! 
Afterwards we hit up The Fresh Market (where I worked in high school) and got some goodies. Jenn got a little bag of mixed candies she picked out from their giant candy selection and I was starving so I got some breakfast. I also picked up some mini mozzarella balls for lunch.  They had a ton of different (and super expensive) meal bars, but this one sounded way too good. It was a little higher in calories than I would like, but it tasted so good.  The coffee was too cute to pass up and only 80 calories for the whole cup. I was afraid it would taste awful, but it was comparable to Dunkin's iced coffee!
For lunch I was going to grill a flat out pizza, but I decided to stick it under the broiler instead because it was so darn hot outside!  I cut the mini mozzarella balls in half and put them on top of some fresh basil and tomato slices.  It was really good, but only kept me full for a little while. I felt pretty snacky all day, but managed to keep myself busy so I wouldn't wander into the kitchen.

Dinner wasn't pictured, but my dad grilled some chicken and we had a cucumber salad (one with lotsa mayo). It was an attempt at being healthy, but it's not gonna work when I move home for a year. I think what I'm going to do is buy my own groceries and make my own meals Monday through Friday or Saturday, and eat my family's meal on Sunday nights.  I've developed a "lifestyle" at my apartment and really like how it's going. I'm not ready to lose all this progress and am gonna have to work a little harder once I move home. The good thing is that my parents are really supportive and I think if I help plan out some of the meals, things will go a lot smoother.

I just had to share: I have always wanted some cute running shorts, the colorful ones that Nike makes.   The only workout shorts I wear are longer spandex-type ones from Target.  Well my mom bought my sister some last week, but they only had grey. I went to the Kohls down at school and they had one pair of pair of purple ones...and they were my size! I've tried them on before, and they didn't have a prayer of fitting.  
I love them! As for my workouts...I know this sounds like SUCH a lame excuse, but my left big toe has been hurting since I started tennis about a month ago. I thought it was the shoes I was wearing, but I don't think that's the case. I don't want it to get worse, so I'm taking a couple of days off of going to the gym. I'll start back on Monday, fo sho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home