This page has moved to a new address.

I love weird food.

Brand New Hoosier: I love weird food.

Friday, June 4, 2010

I love weird food.

PhotobucketThis weekend I'm going to try to catch up on some food pics/recipes I've been trying the past few weeks. 

This is a pizza I made inspired by some random stuff I had in my fridge.

  • Trader Joe's pre-made pizza dough
  • Trader Joe's marsala simmer sauce
  • 1/2 chicken breast cooked in some simmer sauce
  • 2% mozzarella cheese (about a 1/4 cup)
  • green onion from the farmers' market
I spread the pizza dough out on my Silpat, heated the oven to something really high, like 450, and put the dough in for a few minutes.  When it was kinda puffy, I took it out and put some of the simmer sauce on the pizza dough to make a thin layer. Then I added the cooked chicken breast that I shredded. I topped it with the mozzarella and some green onion for color.

Verdict: Sooo good!

Today I went to the gym after my 2 friday classes were done.  I don't go to the school's gym because during the school year it is impossibly busy, so I used my insurance plan to get a gym membership at the city's "recreation center."  I love it! Usually I am working out with senior citizens, a few "adults," and some people my age. There's a good mix and it's never crowded!  I did the elliptical for 60 minutes today and was really interested to see if my heart rate monitor would tell me that I had burned close to what the machine told me.  The machine was over by about 100 calories.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home