This page has moved to a new address.

9 miles? really?

Brand New Hoosier: 9 miles? really?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

9 miles? really?

Sunday I was supposed to run 9 miles according to my own @$$-kicking mini-marathon schedule. I took a nap instead.

Today it rained/monsooned all day and I dearly wanted to take a nap instead. Since I had told so many people that I was going to run 9 miles on my day off of work (yay post tax-season "holiday") I had to do it.

I started off the day how any good cpa candidate should...lotsa coffee and some corporate tax lectures.  Then I went out to lunch with my mom to Kelties.  She had a Groupon that expired tomorrow, so it was "use it or lose it day." I really wanted to take some food pics b/c the presentation was gorgeous, but I just don't have big enough blogger balls yet (and only had a camera phone).  We shared an appetizer of baked brie, fruit, and bread crisps. Mom got a steak and blue cheese salad and I had the "beggars purse" which was puff pastry covering a delish mixture of cheese and chicken on top of raspberry jam. I was a little too full afterwards! I came home and did a bit more studying to let the food settle and then headed to the gym.

Today's trip to the gym just reconfirmed my hatred for treadmills. I can handle 3 miles, but anything after that on the treadmill and it's extremely painful to make myself keep going.  I finished the first 4.5 miles in 53 minutes and the second 4.5 miles in 58 minutes. I had to divide it up b/c the treadmills had a 60 minute max.  I was fine for the first 2.75ish miles, and then I had to take a walk break for 1/4 of a mile. I ran a couple miles, walked .10 miles, and kept that up until I was done.  I saw the end of Oprah, then some news, the end of Law & Order, and most of a second episode of Law & Order. An hour and 51 minutes is a flippin long time!

...and, my face is still flushed from the run!

Here is a salad I finally had time to create for Monday's lunch at work:


  • Featured star of the lunch: Tangerine Balsamic Vinegarette
  • Baby greens
  • Red onion
  • Apple
  • Avocado
  • Bleu cheese
  • Walnuts
  • MorningStar "Chicken" strips
It was so good and kept me full until the tax "party" later that night.   The tangerine balsamic vinegarette is made with a pour of the amazing tangerine balsamic, a pour of chipotle olive oil, cracked pepper, and a squirt of dijon mustard. O M G. I wanted to lick the bowl. Not appropriate at work :(


I made a similar salad for tomorrow's lunch, but I've got some tangerines instead of the avocado, bleu cheese and apple.  I've got greek yogurt, ginger granola and a banana for a post-bootcamp bfast and  I'm also packing some fake pb and an apple for a mid-afternoon snack. I'd say a pretty balanced work-day of food. 

I can't explain how nice it is to eat real food during the day instead of having frozen meals for 2, sometimes 3 meals a day!

Welp, time for me to get to bed so I can face the wrath of not going to bootcamp for an eternity, if I can even walk when I wake up!

*Posting will be sparse until I take my next exam on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home