This page has moved to a new address.

It's been far too long...

Brand New Hoosier: It's been far too long...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's been far too long...

...since I blogged! Tax season is in full throttle and not leaving me a whole lot of extra time.

On Tuesday I started Week 7 of Biggest Winner at the gym.  I weighed in at the exact same weight as last week...178.4 lbs. It's exciting to finally be solidly in the 170's!  We did a circuit of arm exercises and between each station we did jumping squats for 60 seconds. We also went out to the ellipticals and put the resistance up high and the incline at about a 7 out of 10. We had to keep the reps/minute above 100 which was not easy!

Thursday I almost slept through the class again. I don't know what the deal is with me and Thursdays, but they aren't mixing well...I'm guessing the culprit was watching my poor Hoosiers get beat by Purdue Wednesday night. The class had been going for a couple of minutes so I missed out on a little bit of jumping rope. We did a ton more arm workouts with free weights and jumped rope in between each activity. At the end of the class we did a bunch of ab work. It was brutal and I was exhausted all day.

Since I was so tired Thursday, I had a hard time resisting the pizza that my office ordered. This was the first Thursday for pizza and now every Thursday until busy season is over there will be pizza tempting me! My strategy is to bring snacks and dinners that are even tastier (and healthier) than the pizza.  I did give in and had one piece of barbecue chicken pizza. It's not even a big deal, but being around some of the ladies in the office who are judging what I am eating (not exaggerating) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...I felt like I should be ashamed for having a piece! I guess the watchful eye of my coworkers reminds me to not go overboard though.

I am still having a hard time making myself track my food for Weight Watchers. This week I've got a ton of tasty-looking frozen meals from the "healthy" section of Kroger. I'm going to calculate the points and write it on the box. That has really helped me in the past.

Today I bought a pretty new bowl (I ate my dinner in it..) for some morning oats and bloggy pics. My goal for this week is to track everything...Mon-Fri.

Tonight, for dinner, my mom and dad made some delicious fish tacos. I thought I would share with the world a vision of how delicious they turned out (and show off my awesome new bowl):
The only unhealthy part of this meal was the corn tortilla shell he fried in oil. I probably could have skipped that part and still totally enjoyed the meal, but oh well.  I don't really like fish but since it was covered with homemade quacamole, pineapple salsa, cheese and lettuce, I got over the fish texture.

In other news, I spent my "weekend" (it's in quotes because I don't think you can call a 36 hour break from work a weekend...) with a great guy, who I will now refer to as my boyfriend :) .  Despite things not going as planned, thank you potholes, it was still a night to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home