This page has moved to a new address.

Ugh...frozen meals

Brand New Hoosier: Ugh...frozen meals

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ugh...frozen meals

Before busy season...and actually until recently, I've been packing real meals for my lunches at work. I am just too tired and have too many other things I'd rather do on my short 1 day weekend than plan and make lunches for the week. My solution: go back to frozen meals.

I hate to even type that.

When I started WW I thought Lean Cuisines were God's gift to earth. They were so easy and tasted pretty good...and I didn't have to count up the points. They were already on the box!  I weaned myself off of them and got back into cooking most of my meals. Now I'm back to the frozen meals...but this time I'm trying to limit the Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines. Their plastic cheese and minimal veggies are really not that appealing to me anymore. Although it's more expensive, I've been trying out some healthier versions of these frozen meals.

My favorite brand right now...not because of the name (maybe a little) is Amy's brand.  I may also have to try some of the meals on this list: Top 12 Healthy Frozen Dinners.

This is my current fave

Some of the things I look for when picking a frozen meal:

  • high in protein (keeps me full)
  • some fiber (but no crazy fiber one-type crap)
  • low in fat
  • between 200-500 calories
  • some vegetables are present
  • low in sodium (I try to keep it less than 700 mg)
I don't ask a lot from my frozen meals...just that they taste decent, keep me full, and won't make my body hate me later.

Biggest Winner in the morning...I will NOT be sleeping through it this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home