This page has moved to a new address.

Random bits :)

Brand New Hoosier: Random bits :)

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Random bits :)

As usual, I can't believe the weekend is over. It wasn't particularly exciting...but I didn't get as much studying done as I was hoping. My strategy for this week is meeting a friend from work at the library so we can keep each other accountable for studying.

I went with my mom to the gym this morning and lifted some weights and ran 3 miles and walked .65 miles. For some reason I have a hard time running long distances on the treadmill, even watching TV while I do it. I'm gonna be in trouble when my "long runs" actually get a little longer than 4-5 miles!

For a little pre-workout fuel I had some 0% fat honey greek yogurt topped with some pumpkin spice granola, a little dot of blueberry preserves, and a little sprinkle of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

It tasted like dessert. SO GOOD.

I found some new (to me) things at Fresh Market and Whole Foods to try out this weekend. I like taking pictures with my mom's new lens so hopefully I'll remember to snap a pic of my creations this week!

To prep for tomorrow's meals, I cooked some steel cut oats on the stove and will leave them on the stove overnight (just reheat and add the goods in the morning) and I made a taco bowl for lunch. It has black beans, cooked ground turkey, mashed avocado, a little bit of shredded cheese and lettuce. I'm bringing a hard whole wheat taco shell to break up and use like taco chips. I absolutely have to prep a little the night before work, otherwise I would have to switch to  frozen meals...which might happen a little during tax season.

**I added a page at the top that shows my mini-marathon training schedule, in anyone is curious. I only have December up at the moment, but Jan-May will be up eventually!

Well, time for bed. I'm going to 'try' to actually get out of bed by 5 to work out instead of hitting snooze on my phone until 5:30! We'll see...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home