This page has moved to a new address.

Saturday Weigh-In & Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Brand New Hoosier: Saturday Weigh-In & Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Saturday Weigh-In & Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

A miracle happened on Saturday: I lost 4.6 lbs two days after Thanksgiving!!!

Ok, let me backtrack...

Tuesday, my bff (friends since...7th grade?) got in town and we had some girl talk in her hot tub.  It was great to catch up on each other's lives. Can't wait for winter break when she's here a little longer!

Wednesday I couldn't turn down a trip to the bars with her and her boyfriend and his friend. I couldn't drink because I had to run the next morning, but it was really entertaining to people-watch!

On the morning of Thanksgiving, my mom, dad, and I headed to Broadripple (a bar/shopping area of Indy) for the Drumstick Dash, a 4.5 miles run. Of course, it was raining and chilly and the coffee I drank pre-race decided to go straight through me with 5 minutes until the race began. The lines for the porta-potties were SO long, so I just dealt with it. I took it slow so I wouldn't cramp up and have to stop.  My first mile was about 11:30 which is pretty good for me. Sidenote: For some reason I signed up as "non-competitive" which means = no timing chip. Awesome. So I don't have an official time, and just timed myself on my heart rate monitor.  I finished 'unofficially' at 54:30 minutes. I beat my last 4.5 mile race by about 3 minutes and I didn't stop to walk ONCE! I've never gone that length without walking at least a little while.    ((The race pic is on the right. It's a blackberry pic and super blurry. None of our cameras had charged batteries!!)


After the race, I showered and got ready so I could help mom with the Thanksgiving meal. She picked out some really great recipes that included a lot of veggies. I'll try to post some of my faves on here. My strategy for the dinner was to load up on veggies, and whatever room I had left, I would add in a little turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.  For dessert, we had a pumpkin pie that was really fluffy instead of dense. It did the job.  Overall, the day was a success.

Friday morning I woke up at my normal weekend time [7am] to go shopping with my sister and mom. We didn't do any crazy 4am shopping this year because there wasn't anything we needed from those early stores. We hit up an outdoor mall that's a few minutes from my house and got the black friday shopping out of our systems. That took a while, so I didn't get a workout in. I was hoping to because I was a little nervous about weigh-in...clearly not a problem this week.  Friday night I went to the tree lighting on monument circle in downtown Indy with a friend. We met up with his friends and waited for the lighting/firework finale. After we all went to eat. I ordered off the "gluten free" menu and got thai chicken skewers and cottage cheese with pineapple.  It sounds lame, but was delish and fairly healthy!

Saturday I went to the WW meeting with my mom for weigh-in. We both lost this week which was awesome.  After the meeting, I hurried home so I could head to Purdue to see the Hoosiers beat the Boilermakers. I think I drank at least 4.6 lbs of beer throughout the day...but it was such a fun day.

Today: I caught up on all the miscellaneous errands I've needed to get done. It's so nice to get some things crossed off my mental to-do list! My awesome little sister just painted my fingernails and toenails and I'm going to head to bed soon.

Well there is my recap. Since I have been able to study quite a bit at work, I have a lot more time after work to do other things, so I'm going to try to post a little more often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home