This page has moved to a new address.

Saturday Weigh-In

Brand New Hoosier: Saturday Weigh-In

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday Weigh-In

Eh, down 0.6 lbs. I'll take it.

This week has been a loooong one. I thought it would go by quicker because I had training Monday and Tuesday, but it was painful. I started getting sick at the beginning of the week and ended up losing my voice. Everyone at work was looking at me like I was diseased...which I was, so I went to the doctor yesterday and they told me: it's a virus, get some sleep. No problemo. I watched Harry Potter with my little sister last night, and went to bed at 9:30pm. Quite a Friday. I know.

The Drumstick Dash is coming up this Thursday (Thanksgiving!) and I realized I hadn't really ran 4.5 miles since I was in a race back in July.  After weigh-in I was in a bad mood so I figured that would be some good fuel for a run. I headed to the gym and got in 5 miles! I walked probably a total of a mile of it, but I just wanted to get the mileage under my belt. I feel a lot better about the race now.

So for the Thanksgiving potluck lunch on Wednesday, I brought turkey meatballs.  I remember meatballs in bbq sauce being my favorite thing at the Christmas day potluck dinners my family used to have, so I decided to do a healthy version.  Since I was sick I didn't have the motivation to handmake all the meatballs, so I went to the store and found some in the frozen section.  They were pretty low in fat and the bbq sauce wasn't too terrible, nutrition-wise.  There were soooo many cakes, cookies, rolls, and dips that I wanted to eat, but I steared clear of those. I sampled a little bit of a lot of different things and felt satisfied and not deprived of anything. I even had some dessert!

Now, the family is gone watching my sister cheer. The house is dead quiet. Football is on mute. Coffee in hand, and it's time to study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home