This page has moved to a new address.

Kale Chips = Success

Brand New Hoosier: Kale Chips = Success

Monday, August 9, 2010

Kale Chips = Success

Well this weekend was way busier than I thought it would be! I ran errands with my littlest sister Saturday morning and then I started priming my new room (my brother's gross room).   Sunday we ran more errands (aka Trader Joes!) and then I finished painting my room with my mom's help.

For dinner on Sunday, my parents had been collecting all the ingredients for shrimp spring rolls with lemongrass dipping sauce. I told my mom about the new show, Cook Yourself Thin, and she's DVR'd them all and got this recipe from their website. The only thing I regret was not taking a picture! I was so tired from painting and cooking that I just couldn't get back up after I sat down!  I also helped out with a lemon cake made from two cups of shredded butternut squash. It was super healthy and tasted really good, even though we burnt it!


One picture I did get around to taking this weekend was of the kale chips I made! I've seen them all over the blog world, so I decided I would try them out. They sound disgusting, but they turn crunchy and I salted them so they satisfy my salty craving like chips.  My family said they taste kind of like dried seaweed, you know, the kind wrapped around sushi. You should try them!

Heat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and thoroughly dry the kale leaves. Cut leaves off of stem and tear them into chip-size pieces. Spread them in a single layer on the baking sheet and spray the leaves with cooking spray. Then LIGHTLY sprinkle with salt. Stick the sheet in the oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them though. Too short and they are still flimsy, too long and they will taste burnt and gross.  Let them cool and store in a airtight container.

Time to watch Huge on ABC Family. I still don't know if I totally 'like' this show, but I'll wait for the finale to pass judgement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home