This page has moved to a new address.

It's the Small Things...

Brand New Hoosier: It's the Small Things...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's the Small Things...

County fair elephant ear time! Luckily I stayed away from the elephant ears (even though once a year can't hurt right?) and instead I got a Splenda Lemon Shake-up. Yummm It tasted like the real thing and was exactly what I needed in the heat. 

So two exciting things today:  
1) I was cleaning out my apartment room and found some pants my friend gave me because they were too big for her (she's the one that got me started on WW again). The last time I tried them on I couldn't even get them up all the way. Today I tried them on, got them all the way up, and ZIPPED! It's way too hot to wear them right now, but I'm just excited they fit. 
2) I went to the gym and forgot to change into my running shoes. I was going to use this as an excuse to not run (it's a common one for me) but Days of Our Lives was on so I decided to get on the treadmill that was in front of the tv playing it.  I stretched out and decided that today I wanted to run 20 minutes without stopping.  I set the treadmill at 4.8 mph and began a 12:30 pace.  I got to 15 minutes and was feeling pretty good. Then I got to 18 and still felt good. Got to 19:50 and decided to finish 2 miles and get to 25 minutes. IT FELT AWESOME. I've never run that long without stopping!!!!  It makes me remember the days of trying my hardest to work out on our basement treadmill and I could hardly make myself go 60 seconds at 4 mph. Ha, those days are LONG gone and I will never return to them.

Now I've gotta get ready to go out to dinner with some friends :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home