This page has moved to a new address.

Black Bean Salsa Recipe and Tuesday Update

Brand New Hoosier: Black Bean Salsa Recipe and Tuesday Update

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Black Bean Salsa Recipe and Tuesday Update

Weigh-in tomorrow! Kinda nervous. I'm getting so close to "onederland" aka being less than 200 lbs and I'm so excited. Today I have been majorly snacky, but that's nothing new really...but after 3 trips to grocery stores (2 to Wally World and 1 to Kroger) I finally had all the ingredients to make some black bean salsa. Oh man was this good!  A lady at my meeting a few weeks ago was talking about how she added Hendrickson's salad dressing to a bean dip she made. So, I thought, why not add it to this bean salsa? And the results were magical. I got some jalepeno flavored tortilla chips and that made up for not remembering jalepenos (I couldn't justify a fourth trip to the store!). Also, for some spice, you could add in some red pepper flakes and that would "kick it up a notch."   

My friend just came back from Korea and started her job this week. Tonight we caught up and I served her some of my salsa and chips and she liked it! Also, as soon as she walked in, she was so impressed with my weight loss. It's so fun to have someone other than my parents actually notice.  Anyways, after she left I finished off the kinda-little bowl of salsa I had on the table with some chips. Looks like that was my dinner! 

Well I'm off to watch some tv. I'd like to go "out" tonight, but being hungover at a WW meeting doesn't sound that fun. (And I want a good weigh-in!) I know I could just have one drink and that may be what ends up happening.  I think those good old days of drinking in excess are over (for now).  Weigh-in update tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home