This page has moved to a new address.

Escaped!

Brand New Hoosier: Escaped!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Escaped!

Well, I think after having my apartment all to myself for basically 2 weeks and no roommate I was getting kind of used to it, so when she got back from all her traveling AND her boyfriend moved in AND his friends are over all the time, it really started to get to me! I'm a friendly person...but her boyfriend and his friends just aren't people I care to hang out with. Anyways, with a little nudge from my friend at home, I packed up my car and headed home.




But, earlier in the day, I decided to go to the farmers' market. It was great. I love the combo of people watching and grocery shopping. I ended up getting a yellow tomato, a mini eggplant, and 2 Indiana ears of corn. 




For breakfast, I wanted to try poaching an egg. I've tried it before and ended up with egg-drop soup...after researching it and watching a couple of youtube videos, I felt confident to give it a shot. The magic ingredient is vinegar! It coagulates the egg white so it doesn't turn into egg-drop soup consistency.  I ate the egg on top of 2 pieces of turkey bacon, sautéed onion, and toast with French Onion Laughing Cow cheese.  Next time I make it I will probably add some green! It looks blah but it was d-lish!




When lunchtime rolled around, I was still feelin the turkey bacon so I cooked some more of it and made a BLT! I never thought I would be eating a BLT on WW, but it worked. My wheat bread is 1 pt, two teaspoons of olive oil mayo is 1 pt (mixed with a little spicy honey mustard), 4 pieces of turkey bacon was 3 pts, and I topped it with lettuce and some of my farmers' market yellow tomato. I highly recommend this!


Well now I've gotta unpack the stuff I brought home. Fun fun! 


Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

2 Comments:

At August 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I love poached eggs. I also had no clue how to make them, until I read about it in a cookbook called "How To Boil Water," lol. Another trick is to break the egg into a coffee mug and then release the egg into the water using the mug. That way you can dip the mug into the water without burning your hand, keeping it intact.

 
At August 1, 2010 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Breaking the Habit said...

That BLT looks soooo yummy :D I'm going to have to try it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home