This page has moved to a new address.

Hidden Treasures

Brand New Hoosier: Hidden Treasures

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hidden Treasures

Last night and tonight my mom and I made some sneaky recipes.

First up: the chocolate.

I made brownies!
The recipe:

  • 1 16 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • brownie mix
Just blend (well) the beans at water and then mix it with the brownie mix. Cook it like the box says to and the brownies come out to about 1 WW pt if you make minis or 2 WW pts if you make muffin sized brownies (it depends on your brownie mix though...). 

My sisters didn't know that beans were in the recipe and devoured a couple and thought they were "amazing."  Then I told them they had beans in them hahahaha


The next recipe is mac n cheese. I usually prefer the blue box (aka Kraft) to any other kind of mac but I would definitely have this recipe again.

You can find the recipe here.

My mom made dinner tonight because I was out car shopping with my dad.  She substituted spaghetti squash (thanks "S" haha) for the butternut squash and it turned out amazing.  I cooked the squash the night before and put them in the fridge to use for today's dinner of mac n cheese.

Once again, we didn't tell my little sisters that there was something healthy hiding in the mac, and they loved it. It was gooey and cheesy and tasted soo good. Then, because I love to see their faces when I tell them...I told them there was squash in it!   My mom did a great job making the recipe and even took a picture of it for the blog!

Speaking of my mom...we've been talking about running a 5k together towards the end of September and she wanted to start training for it. I told her last night about how I had heard of a lot of people doing the Couch to 5k program.  When I woke up this morning, she had already bought the app for her iPod touch and was excited to try it out.  I'm so excited for her!

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Stephanie Anne said...

Im giving you a blog award! check out my blog www.runningtohealth.com to check it out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home