This page has moved to a new address.

So Stinkin Cute

Brand New Hoosier: So Stinkin Cute

Thursday, August 26, 2010

So Stinkin Cute

My littlest (7 yr old) sister, Jennifer (Fer for short), came home today and I asked her how school was. I knew she had gym class today so I asked what they did.  She told me they...ran "the mile."  She said it like it was an everyday gym class.

It reminded me of how I absolutely dreaded the mile all throughout school.  Junior year one of my friends was even telling me her plot to fake cramps so she wouldn't have to run. I forget if I followed her plan, but I will never forget my hatred for "the mile."  Side story: We used to have to run a certain # of laps around our gym in elementary, so I told my partner who counted the laps to skip a few, so I wouldn't have to run it all. Oh how things have changed :)

I asked Fer how fast she ran it. Prepare yourself.  She said "nine and a half." Holy crap.

When I got home from a quick trip to the gym and picking up my other sister from practice, I suggested to Fer that she run in a 5k with me next year. I told her that I had seen young kids about her age or younger running in some of the 5k's and she got so excited. It was the cutest thing ever. I told her she would get an official number to wear and she was sold.  We're even going to start "training" this weekend. I'm interested to see how that goes...haha.

*Look for little Fer on the right column in one of the race pics.

In other news...I had a little window of time I could squeeze in a workout tonight and I was contemplating skipping it again. See...that slippery slope of skipping was picking up speed!  I put on my HRM and headed over to the gym. I was going to run, but my stomach wasn't feeling up to it, so I hopped up on the big tall stairclimber thing.  It felt so good. I burned about 750 calories in 65 minutes.  My heart rate was up as high as when I run fast the whole time. I took a couple of breaks to let my heart rate go down a little and catch my breath.

I'm getting to bed early (er) tonight so I can get into work early and LEAVE early! I am in desperate need of the weekend and to hang out with people my own age! Goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home