This page has moved to a new address.

Harder than I thought...

Brand New Hoosier: Harder than I thought...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Harder than I thought...

Today was a little rough. I started my "job." My real life big girl job. I think it really hit me when I was getting ready this morning and kind of bummed me out. College is over! Time to grow up.

I wasn't hungry this morning but forced myself to eat some oatmeal with fruit, Puffins, chia seeds, and Nutella on top.   Then I went out to lunch with a few people since it was my "first day" even though I did my internship there for 6 months about a year and a half ago.   They like to go kinda early to beat the lunch rush so I wasn't really hungry. I got a salad that was covered in oily dressing. I NEED to remember to ask for dressing on the side! I did manage to request that the salad have no bacon.

After a day full of computer problems, I got home and was hungry because I only had a V8 between my early lunch and 5pm. I had a serving of some really good ginger and veggie noodles I made last night, but the "serving" I had was 8 points! I was hungry! I couldn't stop eating! Then I went to my room with a bag of Pop Chips and laid down and read blogs while I mindlessly ate a whole 7.5 pt bag of the chips. At least they were Pop Chips and not regular chips, but still. I wasn't hungry at that point and was eating for no reason. I ran out of points early and ended up going way over because of my little snacky bites of dinner.

On to my next issue of the day: my workouts. When I had my internship I would pack a bag with gym clothes and stuff so I could just go straight there. Today I thought I would try a different approach: I wanted to wait until the work rush was over and go a little later. The problem is, I got home, relaxed, helped make dinner, ate some dinner, and did not feel like getting off my butt and driving to the gym.  I knew once I got changed and got in my car the rest wouldn't be hard, so I did. I got there and there was just a handful of people there. I did an hour on a weird elliptical and burned almost 600 calories!  It was perfect, except I think I just want to get the workouts over with right after work.

I may also sign up for a gym that's in a nearby office building.  It's $75 for a year and I could walk over  during lunch and do some walking on a treadmill or lift weights. Something light to get my blood going for the afternoon.

I'm just gonna have to get in a routine and I guess it's gonna take some time to figure out one that's just right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home