This page has moved to a new address.

by request: blueberry muffins

Brand New Hoosier: by request: blueberry muffins

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

by request: blueberry muffins


Last week, my boyfriend (the mastermind behind my future food blog!) requested blueberry muffins. While I was at the farmers market (lovely saturday morning ritual, post CPA exam), picked up some fresh blueberries and green eggs [obsessed] and started baking. Usually I prefer something I can add chocolate to, but I just couldn't do it to these. Instead, I searched out a recipe  that had a crumbly topping.

In an effort to make the muffins I bake a little bit healthier, I try to sub out some of the eggs and oil for greek yogurt and applesauce. It usually makes the muffins a little bit moister too. I don't have a ratio for the sub, but I've seen it all over Pinterest, if you've got a little time to search.

I think they turned out tasty, I just wish I had sprayed the cupcake liners so half of the cupcake wouldn't stick to the liner!

I used this recipe as a guide and made some substitutions as mentioned above. I tried to keep the "liquid" no more than 1 cup, as the recipe calls for. Since the yogurt and applesauce aren't quite as "saucy" as oil and egg, I added a splash of milk to get  a little looser consistency. Y-U-M :) Oh, and I prepared the crumble topping as directed, but ended up using only half. Cut down on calories quite a bit since it's made with so much butter!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home