This page has moved to a new address.

I'm Baaaack! plus Mason Jar Cornbread 'n Chili

Brand New Hoosier: I'm Baaaack! plus Mason Jar Cornbread 'n Chili

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm Baaaack! plus Mason Jar Cornbread 'n Chili

I know...it's been for-ev-er since I last blogged. I have an excuse though! I've been studying for my CPA exams like a crazy woman. I've pass one (woohoo!!) so I have two officially done and I'm waiting on the score for the third exam. After tax season I will only have one left!

Over the next month I'm planning on revamping the blog. We're talking BIG changes. My super-smart web-designing bf is going to help me :)  I'm so excited to start designing the new look!

On the health-side of things...I've gained a few lb's back (186.6). It's a bummer, but I haven't let it spin out of control and I think I managed it decently well considering all the studying I've been doing (which used to go hand in hand with major snacking).  I was struggling between hiring a personal trainer, buying Insanity, or dusting off my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  In favor of saving quite a bit of money, I went with Jillian.  Her 20 minute workouts are going to fit perfectly into my crazy tax season schedule. I had my sister take some "before" pictures of me so I can see what a tax season of Jillian can do for my body.

I've also started Weight Watchers again. Going to the meetings and having the pressure of weighing-in in front of a stranger who, I don't care how saintly they are, is judging my weight-loss or gain really helped me lose weight in 2010. There won't be time for me to attend a meeting during tax season, so I'll be sticking with WW online and counting on the judgement of anyone who may still read this blog :)


As for some recent eats...here is one of my new favorite things: Mason Jar Cornbread 'n Chili. I used almost a small can of chili (about 1 1/2 cups) and put about 1/2 cup of cornbread mix on top. I just used a chipotle chicken chili and a bag mix of cornbread, made according to the directions. I stuck the jars in the oven, leaving plenty of room on the top so the cornbread doesn't touch the top of the oven when it expands. I cooked them for about 20 minutes at 400* F.  After they cooled I put the lids on and stuck them in the fridge to save for lunches for me and my bf. When I reheated it for lunch yesterday, I just took the lid off and microwaved it for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. YUM.  The whole thing was about 6 pts for the chili and 4 pts for the cornbread.  It kept me pretty full all afternoon!

That's it for today. Hopefully I can get this little blog going again. I do really love cooking and taking pictures of my creations to share!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home