This page has moved to a new address.

I haven't forgotten...

Brand New Hoosier: I haven't forgotten...

Monday, August 15, 2011

I haven't forgotten...

...about my blog. I've simply been a bad blogger.

When I get stressed, I let things pile up...blog post ideas, trash, clean/dirty clothes, etc. You get the picture. Even though this next CPA exam is approximately 2 months away, I've got a schedule to keep and can't seem to get ahead in it. At least I'm staying on track.

I'm going to blame study stress and mono for this, but I've been going to the gym about once a week...I used to go 6-7 days a week. Although I have't gained any weight, I just don't feel good about my body. It might be mental, but I just feel gross all the time (except when I get my booty in to the gym!).

Well tonight, amidst watching lectures, I got up and went to the gym for an hour of the stairclimber, some country music and a Women's Health mag I've been saving for this very occasion. According to my HRM, I burned 705 calories in 60 minutes!!!!

When I got home, I made myself some dinner:
I had some tea, in my favorite mason jar mug, a cinnamon-raisin bagel thin with fig jam and honey goat gouda (omg, eat this combo ASAP), and in the pink bowl, you can barely see the sautéed brussel sprouts (with hazelnuts, REAL bacon, dried cranberries, red onions and a balsamic glaze). This dinner was a winner. Unpictured are the broccoli I ate that were soaked in some type of soy sauce, leftover from my fam's dinner.

I bought a THIRD alarm clock for the other side of my room so I have to physically get up and turn it off. Hopefully this helps my recent problem of turning off my alarms and sleeping till 7:30 instead of working out. I always feel so much better if I've worked out (as long as I get at least 7 hours of sleep).  It worked this morning, but I finished some studying instead of the gym...but promised myself I would go tonight, and I did!

My birthday is in about 3 weeks (Sept 7th) and I've got a goal: get down to 170 or 169 ;) I'd loooove to be in the 160's for my bday!  I've been flirting with 180 recently due to the lack of exercise and fairly crappy eating, so this short-term goal will hopefully kick-start me back in the right direction. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Alright. It's time for me to watch some more lectures and then get to sleep. Tomorrow I'll be heading to the infamous Indiana State Fair to see Thompson Square and I'm pretty excited!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home