This page has moved to a new address.

One down

Brand New Hoosier: One down

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One down

Aah, test #1 is done. Now I start studying for test #2 and start praying I passed the first one!

I got to my hotel yesterday and the internet wasn't working. I probably should have just left it at that and studied the rest of the night, but I finally got it working. I ventured out to find my testing center and ended up in stopped traffic on the highway. Ugh...I made it to where my GPS said the testing center was and couldn't find it! After driving around and around, I finally found it and felt good about taking the test today.

When I got back to my room I saw I had a message on my phone. I figured it was my friend who I was meeting up with for dinner...but it sounded like a GHOST on the message! I'm not even being dramatic...ok maybe a little, but I was so creeped out.  Then my room phone rang and it was my friend who was waiting for me in the lobby. We went to a brewery and I got a juice/beer thing and a buffalo chicken deep dish "mini" pizza. I ate the WHOLE thing. Ugh, I should have taken the rest back with me, but I just kept eating while we were talking and then realized how full I was!  After dinner she took me back to my hotel and I watched Biggest Loser while I did a little bit more studying.

I went to bed at my normal time and set all the alarms I could so I didn't sleep past my exam. I kept waking up every few hours and checking the time because I was so nervous I would sleep in!  When it was finally time to get up I got ready and checked out the continental breakfast provided by the hotel. It was just as I had expected...less than impressive.  Luckily I packed a greek yogurt and a pear. I chopped up the pear and poured the yogurt over it. Aaah delish. I had a little coffee and was ready to go take the exam.

I feel pretty good about the exam and hopefully I get a 75% or higher so I don't have to take it again.

After my exam I was starving. I searched for the Trader Joe's that was close by in my GPS and headed over there to see if they had any goodies.  The best thing I got was a package of fresh mozzarella string cheese. OMG. I had one as soon as I got into my car and it was amazing.  I haven't seen these in my local stores, but I had read about them on some blogs. If you like fresh mozzarella, you must try these.

After Trader Joe's I headed to Jungle Jim's. Here are some highlights:
source
source
source
This place is awesome. I wish I needed to buy a lot of groceries today! I found so much cool stuff, but I decided to pick a few things I've never tried and a few things that are hard to find at home.  I'll be posting about them as I try out the recipes.

The first thing I wanted to try tonight was brussel sprouts. So many recipes online say that they have THE recipe that will make sprout haters fall in love. I've been skeptical.  I remembered seeing a shredded sprout recipe on How Sweet Eats.   I didn't take any pictures because it wasn't very pretty but I can now say, I found a recipe that made me fall in love with brussel sprouts. yum.

I'm taking tonight...and probably the next couple of nights off of studying, and then I'm going to get back at it because my next exam is in about 8 weeks.  I've got spinning in the morning and softball after work and I'm looking forward to both!

2 Comments:

At November 13, 2010 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Mal said...

I used to live basically right across the road and made my weekly grocery store runs here. I just love that store. Saturday are the best day to go they have samples of just about everything including alcohol

 
At November 15, 2010 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Life's an Adventure said...

I love samples...especially alcohol samples! haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home