This page has moved to a new address.

Oat Love

Brand New Hoosier: Oat Love

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oat Love

 Pumpkin Oats
Steel cut oats
Agua
Canned pumpkin
Almond milk
Fake PB
Semisweet choco chips

Fancy!

All the blogs were doing it...(posting oat pics) so I had to. These were too delish to keep to myself. The recipe isn't too hard. Follow the recipe on the steel cut oats package. I subbed almond milk for regular milk and the kind I made today has 1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein powder in it to keep me full after my Thursday morning spinning class :)  I topped the bowl of goodness with some fake peanut butter (made from peanut flour = a fraction of the fat!) and some semisweet chocolate chips. 

Warning: These oats take freakin forever to cook on the stove.  There are crock pot recipes where basically you dump the oats and liquids in a crock pot and let it go overnight (8 hrs) and you have ooey gooey oats in the morning.  I'm trying a microwave version where I microwave boiled some water and almond milk and poured it over my dry oats. I'm gonna let that sit overnight and see what happens in the morning. 

Now that I've bored you to death with my love of oats...

I need to figure out what to be for Halloween.  My little sister and I looked all over the internet for some good ideas...we came up with: a fried egg, a unicorn (her choice), or a nerd/crazy accountant. 

We'll see how creative I get between now and Saturday...otherwise it's the garden costume from last year...haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home