This page has moved to a new address.

Fries!

Brand New Hoosier: Fries!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Fries!

Since I went to sleep at 9pm last night I didn't have a problem waking up to go to the gym this morning. I had part of a Z-Cliff bar and made some instant coffee for the ride over. If I don't do this combo every morning before the gym, I get hungry/fall asleep while I'm on the elliptical.  It's not as much of a problem if I'm running but the caffeine helps me forget I'm awake at an unnatural time of day!

The picture above is of some butternut squash fries I tried making last week.  I baked these and they never really got crispy.  The 2nd time I made them I broiled them with the oven door open a little to let the moisture out.  That definitely helped.  I dipped them in a sauce made from sweet and sour sauce mixed with lots of garlic and sriracha. YUM. It was a perfect combo.

Now I'm fighting the urge to go to sleep at 8pm because that is just ridiculous! Clearly my body is not happy about my lack of sleep Saturday night.  Gotta study!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home