This page has moved to a new address.

mmm food

Brand New Hoosier: mmm food

Sunday, October 10, 2010

mmm food

I'm getting so old. I woke up this morning and was definitely feeling the $.50 beers I had last night. I had been planning on going for a run today since the weather is amazing, but I wasn't feeling up to it. I ended up going to the gym instead and burned off about 700 calories on the stairclimber. I was a hot sweaty mess thanks to the higher temps!  

Above is a quesadilla type thing I made when my family was having tacos. I try to eat most meals with them and it's so much easier since my mom is making weight-watcher recipes, but sometimes I need to alter them to make them delicious to me...because what's the point of eating food if it doesn't taste good?? I picked up some tortillas from Fresh Market that have 12 grams of fiber in each one! That's 48% of the daily recommended amount!  So anyways, I got some low fat cheese and put some of the turkey taco meat and some veggies to beef up the volume then I put it in a pan and got it melty. It was sooo good.
Pigs in blankets
My little sister's birthday was this week and she got to pick whatever she wanted to have for dinner. She picked pigs in blankets. So cute. So my mom made her some. I couldn't NOT have one so I had a few. I could have eaten that whole plate...
 Here's the lovely cookie cake that was tempting me all week. I totally had a piece on her birthday and had a couple of snacks of it, but didn't pig out on it like my old self would have. yeaaa me!
She had to get the bunny ears from me. She always give them to me, so it was payback. What a stinkin cute 8 yr old.

Mmmmm this is what I had for lunch today. I was in the mood for something super tasty so I used one of my high fiber tortilla wraps and put a low-fat cheese stick torn up on it, roasted red pepper spread, laughing cow cheese, leftover rice from the fridge, and turkey sandwich meat. Then I toasted it in a pan and finished it off with a little microwaving to get the cheese nice and gooey. It had great flavor and I could totally have another. Next time I'll probably stuff it with some veggies to give it a little more volume.
Please notice the classy Hercules plate.  I am really going to enjoy unpacking and using all my dishes when I move out...haha

This week is cram time for the first section of my CPA exam. I don't have an official date set for the exam, but I've gotta take it soon!  The thing that will get me through the intense week of studying will be my (hopefully) 1/2 day of work on friday, seeing my long lost bff, and heading back to the greatest place in the world...IU for the weekend.          


I. CAN'T. WAIT.

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Both of your food dishes look great! Your sister is super cute.

Oh and I love the plate. I think my mom had one of those at her house for the longest time. She probably just tossed it out about a year or two ago. Lol!

 
At October 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Life's an Adventure said...

Thanks! I was debating between that plate and the Tweety Bird one..haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home