This page has moved to a new address.

October = Pumpkin!

Brand New Hoosier: October = Pumpkin!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

October = Pumpkin!

I know I've already posted about my pumpkin spice love, but I've got more.  Earlier this summer, when I was absolutely not busy at all, I started looking around online and in my email for saved recipes to collect and eventually make. I was cleaning my room this morning and found the stack of recipes. The last recipe in the stack was for pumpkin "fluff."  I got the ingredients I was missing and mixed together all the tasty ingredients for a great fall dessert...or snack...or breakfast.

Here's my recipe:

  • 1 1/2 cups home-cooked pumpkin puree
  • 1 tub fat free Cool Whip
  • 2 tsp home-mixed pumpkin spice
  • 1 box fat free and sugar free vanilla pudding mix
I divided it into 6 servings and it comes out to be 2 pts per serving! I topped it with one really thin ginger cookie that my mom got from Trader Joe's. (She's in love with TJ's too now haha)

And one more pumpkin thing...that pumpkin beer I got from TJ's:
It was really good and had a good pumpkin-y flavor. I don't think my dad liked it very much, so it looks like I've got the rest all to myself!

We had these and Blue Moons while we "tailgated" aka chugged a few beers before the game. We got to IU pretty early so I could stop in the bookstore to stock up on IU desk supplies for my cubicle :) Then we headed to a Bloomington legend, Hinkles. They serve thin, greasy cheeseburgers and the restaurant itself is pretty tiny but it was hoppin! After the burgers, we had a couple of hours to get to the north side of town...which took us most of that 2 hours! Traffic was ridiculous. It was all worth it though. The game was awesome. I was expecting Michigan to beat us badly, but we actually held on till the very end!  Since we got to the game a little later than planned and had to rush to get inside, tailgate pictures didn't happen and I was so excited at the game, I forgot to take any game pics! Whoops, bad blogger...haha

We left the game a little early to beat the crazy traffic and get home at a decent time. When we got home my mom had ordered MORE of that stupid stuffed-crust pizza. We seriously haven't had this stuff in the house for years, and now we've had it 2 weekends in a row! Talk about a test of willpower! Too bad that test was FAILED when I had 2 pieces last night...ohh well. I will be making up for my burger, beers, and pizza this week. Plus, it's nice to indulge once in a while, I just can't let that indulgence mindset flow through an entire week!

One last thing that's pretty cool...a blog I've been reading for a while, Running to Health, is having an Inspired Endurance giveaway. Check it out here.  If you don't know what Inspired Endurance is, check it out. She's got a bunch of ways to enter the giveaway, but it ends tomorrow (Oct 4th) so hurry up and enter!

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2010 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Stephanie Anne said...

Thanks for the shoutout!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home