This page has moved to a new address.

Brand New Hoosier

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Studying didn't last long...

Here's what we had for dinner:
Pasta with turkey sausage and veggies
I'm still full!  Here are the ingredients:

  • 8 oz pasta (I used the twirly kind)
  • turkey or chicken sausage (precooked)
  • 2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes (about 28 oz total)
  • tablespoon of minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup red wine (plus some to drink)
  • 2 peppers (I used a yellow and orange) sliced into 2-inch long strips
  • 1 medium onion, sliced 
  • handful of fresh basil
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • salt & peppa
Basically, cook the pasta according to the box.  Cook the peppers and onions in a pan with the olive oil.  Once they start to soften, add the garlic and wine.  Once most of the wine cooks off, add the tomatoes (including juice!) and let it all simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Slice up the sausage and add it in (make sure it's precooked, or cook it up yourself).  Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the veggies and sausage.  Chop up some fresh (if you've got it) basil and sprinkle on top :)

That's my modification of a WW recipe. I liked it and like I said, it has kept me full for hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home