This page has moved to a new address.

Life update and a greek turkey burger

Brand New Hoosier: Life update and a greek turkey burger

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Life update and a greek turkey burger

I wish I could say I've been studying all day...but that is easier said than done. I've seriously gotta find a good place to study outside of my house! It's just too easy to keep getting online and messing around the house. 


I have been stressing hardcore about my study materials actually arriving. They are taking a really long time to get here so I've been using my friend's old book to study for the test I have coming up in a month.  It has put me in the worst mood ever since I got out of work yesterday! I really didn't want to be in a bad mood all weekend because I was stressing out. I even cancelled on a date for yesterday because I thought I was going to have my study materials and I would have to start studying right away. I feel like a biotch! Ugh, so I made a schedule for all my studying up until Thanksgiving and it looks like I will have enough time. Once I realized that, the clouds cleared (literally) and my day was much better and the sun was actually out!


More good news for the day: I totally tracked everything I ate today which never happens on a Saturday!


I'm about to leave in a little while for a game night with some friends. But, before I go, I want to post the burgers my mom made the other night. They were sooo good and filled me up (and only 4 points!).


Here are the ingredients:

  • 1 lb uncooked ground turkey
  • 1 tbsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 7 tbsp feta 
  • 4 sandwich thins
  • lettuce
  • 5 greek olives
  • 2/3 c roasted red peppers sliced
Mix the turkey, oregano, garlic powder and feta together and form into 4 patties. Then grill or broil them until the meat is cooked. Put them on sandwich thins and top with the lettuce, olives, and roasted red peppers. 

The flavor was great!

Plan for tomorrow: sleep in, run 3 miles, study at Starbucks, oh, and go shopping for some more work clothes. Sounds good to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home