This page has moved to a new address.

Weekend Recap

Brand New Hoosier: Weekend Recap

Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was interesting to say the least.  Read here to get the deets on the polaroid camera I found!!  When I was home for the weekend, I stopped at Fresh Market. I know it's more expensive than Trader Joe's, but it's closer and I used to work there so I wanted to stop in and see what they had. 


I ended up getting 2 delicious mangoes and stuff to make a tomato mozzarella salad. It was so good. I whisked 1 tsp olive oil with a dash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Then I cut in half the mini mozzarella balls I got from TFM, chopped up a big tomato, shredded up some basil my fam has been growing, and tossed it all together. I put it on a bed of mixed greens I got and it was so good on such a hot day.  


While I was at TFM, my littlest sister wanted to check out their bakery goodies. I saw they had petit fours so I got 4 of them to share with everyone at home. We all taste-tested each others because they were all different flavors. They were just 1'x1'x1' but there was so much flavor packed into each one. Plus they just looked super cute!


Saturday I ended up helping my mom move stuff out of my grandpa's house and while I was there, my eating went to sh*t. We went out for mexican food as my mom's treat for helping her move everything and I ate wayyyyy too much food. I felt really uncomfortable as we were leaving and it reminded me that I don't like to feel that way! I snacked on Salt and Vinegar chips because that's what we had around, and ate a cream-filled donut Sunday morning. Gross. But yesterday I did fairly well and today I've done a stellar job staying on track with my food choices.  
The picture above is my dinner from tonight. I haven't had time to go grocery shopping yet so I had to dig around my kitchen and see what I could put together.   I had some whole wheat pasta and a can of fire-roasted tomatoes, so I just went with it. I grabbed the last piece of chicken from my freezer along with some frozen artichoke pieces. I chopped up an onion and threw it in the cast iron pot with a little olive oil.  To caramelize the onions I added a packed tsp of brown sugar to the onions while they cooked. Then I added half of the chicken breast (chopped) and the artichoke pieces. I threw in some garlic and cooked it all up until the chicken wasn't pink. Then I added a half cup of the canned tomatoes and heated it all up.  I poured half of the mixture over a cup of cooked noodles and it was a pretty low-point dinner and I have leftovers for tomorrow!


My goal of tracking all weekend totally went out the window when I went to my grandpa's house which doesn't have the internet. I know this is a bad excuse because I could easily just write down everything on a piece of paper, but it's just some mental block I'm having.   Like my mom said, it can be good to give my body a spike in calories, as long as it's once a week and not every day like it used to be. She says it lets my body know I'm not trying to "diet" or restrict it. 


Well it's time for me to read a little (Bliss, Remembered) of an amazing book and get some sleep. 


p.s. Our AC is FINALLY fixed!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home