This page has moved to a new address.

230984203948th time's the charm!

Brand New Hoosier: 230984203948th time's the charm!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

230984203948th time's the charm!


I have been trying diets since I can remember.  I distinctly remember being in first grade and going to my friend's house and for some reason we all weighed ourselves.  I stepped on the scale and weighed 100lbs.  My friend made a comment that I weighed the same as her brother (who was in 3rd grade) and it has stuck with me ever since. I think that is the first time I consciously knew I was overweight. Ever since, I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to lose weight. My grandma took me to Weight Watchers with her and was soo excited when I lost .2 lbs. I remember she took me shopping because she was so excited. I was really confused why losing so little was a big deal. Then I gained weight the next week and it was downhill from there...I tried Weight Watchers online last year when I started my internship.  I kept up with it for a couple of months and lost some weight. When I returned back to school to start my senior year, I gained it all back, real fast. I've been at a steady weight of 220ish-230ish for all 4 years of college. In a way I'm proud of myself for not gaining a ton of weight which would have been extremely easy.  


I think something clicked inside of me about a month ago that made me realize, I am about to graduate, go into the real world, become an adult. I am incredibly happy because I have amazing friends, but there is just something missing.  After 22 1/2 years, I'm going to do something about it. A couple of my friends  started Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year and they have both almost lost 30 lbs! They still go out on the weekends, sometimes week nights and still see amazing success on the scale. They encouraged me to go to the Weight Watchers meetings with them so I talked with my mom about it.  Thanks to my tax refund, I have some extra money available to pay for the meetings and started about 3 weeks ago.  I really love how my weigh-in at the meeting feels like I'm stepping onto the Biggest Loser scale. My two friends are watching and the ladies who record my weight are watching so the fear of gaining weight has helped motivate me to exercise more and eat healthier. 


I want to use this blog as a diary for myself. Once I lose some more weight, I will make it public and others can follow my journey.


Here are my stats so far:


Weigh-in #1: 230.8 lbs


Weigh-in #2: 228.2 lbs
Weight loss:  -2.6 lbs


Weigh-in #3: 225.8 lbs
Weight loss:  -2.4 lbs


Weigh-in #4: 223.6 lbs
Weight loss:  -2.2 lbs


Total weight loss so far: -7.2 lbs


I will update the blog every week with my progress. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home